PD

Connect with other users suffering from penile curvature or that have found ways to correct it.
Lolli

PD

Post by Lolli » Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:15 pm

My husband has PD. Its almost the shape of a C. He has had it for about a year now. The curve goes toward his stomach not to the side. We are out of options. Will this device help him (X4 extender for PD)?
:?:

pudendum
Duke

Re: PD

Post by pudendum » Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:01 pm

Lolli - Welcome. Your story seems to suggest that an upward curve has developed along your husbands penis over the past year. Was his penis otherwise straight before? Is it a curve that is along the entire penis or is there an acute bend? Is there a hard spot or mass anywhere along the top of his penis -- flaccid or erect? Has he seen a urologit? Was he diagnosed by a doctor or is this a self-diagnosis?

I ask you these questions because Peyronie's Disease, IMO, is over diagnosed contrary to the opinion of others (Hawk will disagree). I have a C-like upward curve when erect. Had it all my life. This type of CURVE is not at all uncommon. I don't have PD.

To answer your question, the only true clinical use of extenders is for PD. Small studies have demonstrated some reduction in BENDS associated with PD.

I have used the extender for over a year. I have had good gains. However, I have had no change in my upward CURVE.

I hope this helps.

Lolli

Post by Lolli » Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:11 pm

Thank you for your fast reply.

He has always been straight. He has seen a doctor for the problem. We have tried the medications and ointments but nothing. He will not do surgery considering the risk. We have also tried sex toys to help with the curvature but it just cuts off his circulation. I do not know any more options. I have looked at everything on the web and there is really no real solution to this disease. This not only affects men it affects their spouses as well.

pudendum
Duke

Post by pudendum » Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:12 pm

Lolli - I understand your concern -- for your husband, your relationship and yourself. Difficulties of function or anatomy are real issues that can adversely affect a relationship. I can hear your concern, disappointment and frustration in your posts.

If your husband has gone from straight to a curve (or is it really a bend somewhere along the shaft) in 1 year and it is affecting your sexual activities then the process in his penis must be examined and evaluated by a good urologist experienced in penis dysfunction and PD. PD is the result of a thickening of the connective tissue of the tunica albuginea which is the investing layer of erectile chambers. The thickening can be the result of trauma or an abnormal process (fibroplasia). If he is progressing so rapidly, he must have a palpable mass on the upper side of his penis when he's flaccid. However, even if he doesn't, there are other therapies besides creams and pills. Surgery is a last resort.

Lolli, use the search function to find the posts by Hawk. He is the moderator of a large PE forum. When you read his posts, you'll see he and I had a little dust up. Even so, he's reputable and his site is good. Tell him that pudendum @ the X4 forum referred you.

If I can be of further assistance, let me know.

Lolli

Post by Lolli » Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:37 pm

Thank you for your reply. We are both frustrated. I have done my homework and a lot of research on this Disease. He bends in the middle of the shaft and goes into a C. He can still get an erection. He will not do surgery. With all the technology out there I am very suprised there is no cure for this disease. I will search Hawks posts, Thank you for that.

Today I contacted a sex toy manufacture to possibly help develop a toy to help in this matter that will not cut the circulation off. I am suprised there is not one out there for this. If there is I have not found it.

Thank you again.